What Is SSL?
SSL stands for Secure Sockets Layer, a global standard security technology that enables encrypted communication between a web browser and a web server. It is utilized by millions of online businesses and individuals to decrease the risk of sensitive information (e.g. credit card numbers, usernames, passwords, emails, etc.) from being stolen or tampered with by hackers and identity thieves.
In essence, SSL allows for a private “conversation” between the two intended parties. You can tell if a website has an SSL certificate if the URL begins with the prefix https:// as opposed to non-SSL sites that just begin with http://.
To create this secure connection, an SSL certificate (also referred to as a “digital certificate”) is ordered on your behalf from a certificate authority, and is then installed on our servers and serves two functions:
- It authenticates the identity of the website (this guarantees visitors that they’re not on a bogus site)
- It’s used to encrypt the data that’s being transmitted
What Will SSL Do for My Business?
Your NitroSell online store can benefit from a personalized SSL Certificate:
- Site-wide encryption: Every page of your NitroSell online store will begin with https:// + your domain.
- Secure checkout at your URL: Check out at https:// + your domain instead of https://secureX.nitrosell.com
- You will receive SEO benefits in your Google rankings (Click here for more info)
- This value-added service is available for a low $199 set-up fee and then only $29/month (or the equivalent in the currency of your locale). The set-up fee includes the cost of the SSL Certificate itself, which we will obtain on your behalf.
For existing NitroSell customers, open a ticket in the partner portal or book a call with your sales rep if you would like to have an SSL certificate applied to your site.
For new NitroSell customers, please ask your sales rep to include SSL in your initial quote.
Guarantee a consistent shopping experience for your customers with a personalized SSL cert today.
Subscribe to our mailing list to receive articles like this one, product updates, and industry insights straight to your inbox:
Or, read some more: